Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 1 July 2013

Tidbit: Taylor Swift Concert!


Hey guys! Saturday night, my mum, me and my best friend, Janae, went to the Taylor Swift concert in Vancouver!   Taylor Swift has been on the top of my list of concerts I want to go to and last night that wish was granted! And I got to see her with two of my favourite girls in the world! Needless to say, it was amazing.

Now, we left a little bit later, due to Janae having a dance show right before, but we eventually got there, parked and had a quick bite to eat at Subway and then went in... The concert was at BC Place, instead of Rogers Arena, where concerts usually are in Vancouver. Rogers is where the Canucks play and BC Place is the huge stadium where the BC Lions (Football) and Vancouver Whitecaps (Soccer) play... It is a LOT bigger than Rogers. We walked in, trying to find our seats and I was shocked at how huge the stadium looked. I've been in there before, for football games, but it was different, considering there were floor seats as well and a HUGE STAGE. Last night was a 42 THOUSAND people show... And it was sold out, completely.


The opener for the opener for the opener (three openers.. now the word opener looks weird..) was Joel Crouse, a country singer from Nashville and he was really good! I would strongly recommend checking him out, if you get the chance! Then Austin Mahone came on but by then Janae and I had gone hunting for T-Shirts and completely missed him! I've actually never heard his songs, so I didn't really know what I missed, I guess. And then, Ed Sheeran took to the stage. Oh, Ed. It was so different, seeing him in this HUGE stadium filled with people, unlike back in October when I saw him in Seattle in a little tiny venue and he was the main act. It was strange to see him on such a huge stage. I must say, I could tell some of the parents of the little kids weren't exactly thrilled with his "Hell Yeah!s" and crazy loud strumming, but I thought he played amazingly, as always. My mum didn't really enjoy his performance, but I think it was one of those things where you have to be a fan to actually truly enjoy it. His music is beautiful and he is one of my absolute favourite artists, but that night, as he performed an 11 minute long version of You Need Me, I Don't Need You, I could see why some might not like it too much. But, I loved seeing him live again and am definitely looking forward to the next time he comes to town!


And then, Taylor came on the stage! She appeared behind a huge red curtain in silhouette, opening with State of Grace. Taylor brings a massive amount of energy and personality to her performance and was captivating to watch. Her little winks and smirks were adorable and she kept us all laughing as she said witty little things like: "I write a lot of songs about my feelings and I just realized that 42,000 of you just signed up for two hours of hearing about them," 

Taylor had about eight costume changes and was lightning fast with each of them. There were times where she would all of a sudden appear in a dress, having just been in short and blouse and my mum and I would look at eachother like "What? How did that just happen?" Her outfits were all super cute and totally what I was expecting to see her wear. She wore mostly high waisted shorts, flouncy skirts, pretty long dresses and of course, a lot of RED. It was extremely warm in the stadium, as that day was HOT and there were also 42,000 people in the stadium.. makes for a bit of a warm room. But Taylor's hair somehow stayed nice, even though the sweat on her brow was evident. (Jealous! My hair was frizzier than Hermione's during exam week!) 

Here's the set list:


  1. "State of Grace"
  2. "Holy Ground"
  3. "Red"
  4. "You Belong with Me"
  5. "The Lucky One"
  6. "Mean"
  7. "Stay Stay Stay"
  8. "22"
  9. "Long Live"
  10. "Everything Has Changed"
  11. "Begin Again"
  12. "Sparks Fly"
  13. "I Knew You Were Trouble"
  14. "All Too Well"
  15. "Love Story"
  16. "Treacherous"
  17. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
Janae and I!

I was so thrilled that she sang Long Live, as that's one I was hoping to hear, as well as Sparks Fly, because that's probably one of my absolute favourite songs of hers. The only songs that I was hoping she would sing was Fearless and Our Song, but obviously those are a little bit older and she had to fit songs in from the RED CD. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together was one of the most incredible finales I have EVER SEEN. It was a huge production with dancers dressed up as circus characters and Taylor in well... this:



It was an amazing production and it blew me away. The concert was so much fun and I was so glad to have experienced it with my mum and best friend. Janae and I rocked out to I Knew You Were Trouble and the whole stadium sang as loud as they could when Mean started up. It was awesome. Definitely one of the top concerts I've been to... like ever. 

I was having difficulties with my mum's phone... but that's Janae, me and my mum!


Are you a Taylor Swift fan? Have you ever been to one of her concerts? Are you going to go during her Red tour? Let me know what you thought of her show, if you've been to one!

Happy reading! And Happy Canada day!
~Kristy 




3 comments:

  1. I AM SO JEALOUS! I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT! I'm so glad you had a great time though - you deserve it after all your hard work. I'm hoping to go when she gets to the U.K. - everything from her performance to clothes is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! *wails* My friend's mum and mine wouldn't let us go to see her when I was 13 and she was on her Speak Now tour cos it was a school night so I had been waiting TWO WHOLE YEARS to go see her, and I was so excited when Red came out and I was like 'I AM TOTALLY GOING TO SEE HER ON HER RED TOUR, BECAUSE SURELY, SURELY SHE IS GOING TO COME TO ENGLAND.' and then she announces her Red 'World' tour which is ONLY GOING ROUND AMERICA. And I was very upset, let me tell you. All I will say is, once again, I AM VERY JEALOUS. And, I WILL, I WILL see her the next time she comes to England!! WHICH HAD BETTER BE SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an awesome time though! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...