Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 27 October 2014

Review: Brazen by Katherine Longshore

Author: Katherine Longshore
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Page Count:  528 Hardcover
Date Published: June 12th 2014
Find it on Goodreads: Brazen
Source: Purchased





Mary Howard has always lived in the shadow of her powerful family. But when she’s married off to Henry Fitzroy, King Henry VIII’s illegitimate son, she rockets into the Tudor court’s inner circle. Mary and “Fitz” join a tight clique of rebels who test the boundaries of court’s strict rules with their games, dares, and flirtations. The more Mary gets to know Fitz, the harder she falls for him, but is forbidden from seeing him alone. The rules of court were made to be pushed…but pushing them too far means certain death. Is true love worth dying for?










It is no secret on this blog how much I adore Katherine Longshore and all of her works and Brazen is no different. This book was just AMAZING and completely tore at my heart. Once again, Katherine Longshore has written a book about people who lived long ago that tugged at my heartstrings, made me laugh, made me angry, and made me swoon completely. I want my own Henry Fitzroy please and thank you. Mary is such a (subtle) badass and is probably one of my favourite historical characters of all time. She stood up for herself and her gender and it was incredible. If you're not sure if you like historical fiction but want to give it a try, I'd 100% recommend this series. It's brilliant. They're incredibly riveting reads, filled with intense scenes and romance and drama and betrayal and I can't even describe how amazing it is. I loved this book and I loved this series and I wish there were more coming out. 

One last thing, Katherine Longshore:




Happy reading!
~Kristy

1 comment:

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...