Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Tidbit: The Problem With Reading Big Books


So, I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. You know, the 807 page one? It's pretty big and therefore, it's taking me a while to read it. The problem with that? I don't have any reviews.


With school and extra-curriculars and other life-stuff, reading large books is hard! And the thing is, I've read books bigger than 800 pages, but it's taking a long time to get through this one! I love it, a lot, but it's just a slow reading process! And because I'm not a believer in the whole 'reading schedule' thing, even though that would probably mean a lot less stress, I haven't got any reviews this week! I think I might be able to post one, but it wouldn't be good so I don't think I could post it!


I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm currently reading a big book because I want to expand my reading horizons and read more than YA, so I don't think there will be a regular review up this week. My apologies and also, I was wondering, if you're a blogger, how do you keep up to date on reviews if you're behind? 

Happy reading! (I'll be trying to finish GoT this weekend!)
~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. You will be very happy you read Game of Thrones. The only downside to the book is that there are several more in the series that are just as long - but equally great!

    I spread out long books to lessen downtime on reviews. I also try to be about a week ahead with my review "schedule" so that I have time to take a break or just sit and read that monster book that's been waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...