Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Required Reading Wishlist


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic  is : Top Ten Books I Wish Were Required Reading in Schools. School just started for me today and as I was reading my English course outline, I was pretty excited because we're reading some pretty great books! But they're all classics. I want teachers to be more open about reading books in class that were written in the 2000's!!! These are just a few books that I sometimes wish were taught in schools. I know that some of them are a bit controversial, (ahem, Perks) but all of these books either have unique writing styles or storylines or messages that I think should be discussed and taught. 












What books do you wish were taught in schools? Are any of my choices the same as yours? Have you read any of my choices at school? Let me know!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list! I haven't read them all, but I can totally see eleanor & park and The Book Thief being taught. I would love to see Divergent taught as well. Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-1EZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me joyse

    cara menghilangkan kebas dan kesemutan

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...