I'm taking part in the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge, hosted by Good Books and Good Wine! This is a great way to get to know a bit more about the bloggers behind these book blogs!
QUICK! 15 things that appeal to me in a blog
- good grammar
- clean sidebars
- nice design
- writing that sounds like there is emotion behind it, not just monotone
- not filled with memes
- at least 1-2 reviews a week (but I get it if you miss a week here or there, because hey, I do that too)
- none of those countdowns with sound effects!
- original content, not just a bunch of book blasts
- taking part in blogosphere community stuff, like challenges!
- easy to navigate
- simple url (nothing like booklover_198478xoxo.blogspot.com)
- discussion posts!
- easy on the eyes to read (NO WHITE TEXT ON BLACK BACKGROUND)
- correct spelling
- nice colours/design
Uh, that was actually kind of hard! But there you have it! 15 things I like to see when I check out a blog! What appeals to you in a blog?