Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Tuesday 9 July 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge ~ Day 1

Hey guys! I've seen a few posts around the blogosphere about this and thought I'd join in on the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge, hosted by the lovely April at Good Books and Good Wine! It's kind of like those instagram challenges where you post a specific picture everyday for a month... but for book blogs! I love it! I'm really excited about this because I hope it's going to help get me back into the blogging groove of things!


DAY 1: 15 BOOK RELATED CONFESSIONS



1. If I find a typo/grammar error in a book, I will not hesitate to grab a pen and fix it. I just can't help it.

2. I can usually predict right away who the girl will end up with in a love triangle, even if I'm not happy about it. I have yet to be wrong, which was disappointing in a few cases. (The Chemical Garden Trilogy killed me)

3. I never leave the house without a book or my ereader, unless I'm going for a run or something. 

4. I'm not one of those people who keeps their blog a super secret thing on lock down. I'm extremely proud of this little thing... I don't go around telling every person I meet, but if someone asks what I do as a hobby, I will mention A Little Shelf of Heaven. 

5. In bookstores, most of my time is spent stressing over which of the ten books I've picked out I can buy and which ones I must put down.

6. I don't have a set system for choosing books in the bookstore. Usually, if there isn't one that I have already in my mind to buy, I'll just look around slowly and see what catches my eye, if some that I've been wanting have gone into paperback (because CHEAPER!) or just pull out randoms and see if they're going to be the one.

7. If I'm at my local Coles, (aka a second home to me) I usually just stand there, staring like a dummy for a good fifteen minutes, trying to fight with myself because I was just in there yesterday and I already know what they have, but I still have to look and try not to buy anything becauseeeee....

8. My mum has kind of put me on a reading ban. Okay, well, actually, I asked for her help to keep me motivated with it, but I'm just blaming her at the moment, because I'm CRAVING a bookstore right now and there's one that I'm DYING to read but I can't until I've finished five books and I'm only on book three from when I started and AGHHHHHHHH

9. My favourite reviews to write are ones filled with GIFs and crazy rants and exclamations like #8 above, because while they might not be as critical as some people like, they're me. And this is my blog, with my opinions, therefore, my reviews should reflect who I am. 

10. I have a weird rating system inside my head that is too complicated even for me to understand and yet it's also quite simple. I'll just leave it at that.

11. My love life suffers because of the male characters that these authors come up with that make my standards skyrocket. Not that I need a love life at 16, but I constantly feel like one of those naive-to-love protagonists who haven't had their first kiss yet blah blah blah and usually, those characters ANNOY ME TO BITS. And yet, here I am.

12. I am really bad at reading review books on time if they're in eBook form...

13. I'm totally hyped about this whole vlogging thing. I've got some video ideas set and I'm super excited to actually talk about books and other stuff, instead of writing. But don't worry, writing will forever be my main love when it comes to chatting about stuff.

14. I'm having a huge crisis with myself about whether or not to read Clockwork Angel. It's actually really stressing me out.

15. Book Blogging has made such a huge impact on my life, I can't fully describe how much this blog means to me. I love it with all my heart and I have never  been more proud of something. 



Okay, whew! That's actually kind of weird, getting some of those things out there! I feel like I could add a bunch more, but I'm just going to leave it at that and maybe I'll vlog about some other confessions! If you're doing this challenge, leave me a link below! I'd love to see some of your bookish confessions!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. OMG you haven't read Clockwork Angel yet? 0___0 You must!!! It is superb!!! I found the prologue/first chapter to be a bit slow but after that I was addicted ^_^

    hahaha I always go to my local chapters and I feel like I am in there every day!!! I have a book addiction XD

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...