Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Friday 17 May 2013

TGIF: University



Happy Friday, everyone! I have kind of exciting news! I was accepted into an early university program!!! So, for the next two years, I'll be finishing up high school, as well as working towards my first year of university. My school district has partnered up with the university in my town and this is all paid for by them. So basically, it's kind of like a free year of uni, after school for two years.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE BLOG?

Obviously since I will be doing both high school courses and university courses at the same time, next year, I'm going to have a lot of stress and not a lot of time. This means that starting September of this year, the blog will probably be a bit slower than it is at the moment.

Last October, I expressed my stress over schoolwork and took a week-long break from blogging. I was going to take a longer break, but in the end didn't allow myself to, as it felt like giving up. Last semester was extremely hard. I had two honours classes (Science and English), as well as a French class that should be an honours course because of how intense it is and Maths, which is my weakest subject. I had around 3-6 hours of homework and studying each night and didn't have much time to do much else other than schoolwork, let alone reading. Three provincial exams at the end of that semester lead me to a lot of crying and break downs at one point, because I just felt so overwhelmed.

You're probably wondering, if I was so stressed out last semester, why am I taking on another heavy course load next school year? Because I'm an idiot, that's why. No, actually it's because I want to challenge myself and take advantage of an amazing opportunity. I'm going to receive the equivalent of a free university thanks to my school district's partnership. I'll be studying "Health and Human Sciences" but steering mainly towards the Human aspect to it. In Grade 12, I get to do Work Experience and possibly see what it's like working as an editor or something to do with journalism. It's a great opportunity and while it will be challenging, I'm prepared to do it.

I have two and a half months off for the summer and I'll be taking Biology 11 in July so that I can have an extra spare during the school year, but during the month of August, I'll be dedicating a lot of time to reading and preparing the blog for an enormous amount of crazy. I'm trying to plan ahead and schedule lots of posts in advance, so that the blog won't go unattended, but I cannot promise that I won't take breaks here and there. I'm a teenager. School is my number one priority. But I love this blog so much that it will only be under extreme circumstances that I will leave. You guys make my day with your tweets to me and seeing your comments always bring a smile to my face. I've made a couple bloggy friends, namely Brad and Eileen, and I'm looking forward to forming new bookish friendships along the way. Reading is my biggest passion and I am so glad I've found a place to share the love of books with so many others. Yes, school is going to get busy and yes, I will be stressed out and yes, I will take breaks, but I know that the book blogging community is supportive and loving and I will do everything I can to stay present in the blogosphere! Okay, now this is starting to sound too intense and serious, so... umm....

YES?



Haha, okay so that's my big ramble about school and stress. If you read this far down, thank you!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

5 comments:

  1. Your GIFS made me Laugh. But most importantly.... CONGRADULATIONS! This is a wonderful opportunity and you must be super smart. Right now I'm experiencing the stress of balancing blogging and school, so I'm aiming to be much more organized in that department. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Congrats! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! That is incredible, and I wish you all the luck in the world. You're right, school is top priority, but I hope you can still find the time to have fun!

    Don't worry about the blog, you could have guest bloggers to help you out?

    Good luck - but I'm sure you won't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is such a wonderful news for you. And you would be realy crazy if you won't take this opportunity. Again congrats, and don't you worry about your blog. School comes first and being a teenager should be second or a shared first place :) I hope you enjoy this new experience.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristy, that is amazingly awesome news! The fact you're putting education first is a trait I wish more teens shared these days, and it's to be admired!

    Best of luck with your studies. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...