Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Friday 3 May 2013

TGIF: Turning 16


On Monday, April 29th 2013, I turned sixteen years old. And it was the best birthday I have ever had. I never really make a big deal out of my birthday and I don't expect to feel different, but honestly, this time it was weird. I felt a bit different! A good different, though.

This has been the age I've been dreaming off since I was little. SIXTEEN. It's the age so many of the characters in the books I read are and they do so much. Sure, some of them live in other worlds, but still, they do SO much. And now, I'm sixteen. And now, I've decided it's time for me to get up and go do something. I'm constantly sitting at home, reading, which I love, or studying, because good grades are important, but I want to see things and experience things. I want 16 to be the best year of my life so far, with many more of those to come. I want to accomplish so much in life and I'm ready to do it.

Thing I want to do in my 16th year:

-- Get straight A's (okay, a B in math is fine...)
-- Meet more authors
-- Get the courage to request a physical ARC from a publisher
-- Watch the Vancouver Fireworks with my friends in Stanley Park
-- Spend a day alone in Vancouver with a friend
-- Get in shape
-- Learn to drive
-- Volunteer at the SPCA (FINALLY!!!!)
-- Have the most incredible time with my best friend at the Carrie Underwood concert
-- Have another incredible time with my other best friend at the Taylor Swift concert
-- Get a summer job
-- Do something crazy (but not stupid)
-- Do the Grouse Grind again
-- Get started on scholarship applications
-- Be on the Executive team for my school's Character Council
-- Write more
-- Show this blog to my old English teacher, Mr. Johannson
-- Learn to play the guitar (not master...just learn a bit :P)
-- And as cheesy as this sounds, just be happy, have fun and laugh a lot.

And so. much. more.

I can't describe how I felt when I woke up on Monday and realised that I was finally sixteen. I can finally volunteer at the SPCA and get my 'L' and learn to drive! It's finally here and I'm going to make this year fantastic. I want to know, what's the age that you were looking forward to the most. Did you

I'm ready.

~Kristy


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kristy!
    You have the same birthday as my brother an it's great that you had a great day. I hope you reach all of your goals, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! I just love your goals and how responsible and wonderful they are. I hope you have an amazing year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl!! I wish I'd known it was your birthday when I saw you at Coles! Happy belated birthday!! This is Michelle from the book store btw;)
    LOVE the blog! I'll definitely keep reading your stuff:D And if you need a Grouse Grind partner... call me up!:) Also, if you want insider info on signings at my future store... I shall pass them on;) Add me on Facebook if you want:) My last name is Gaudet!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...