Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Sunday 15 April 2012

Review: A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Page Count: 386 pages, Hardcover
Date Published: January 10th 2012


Goodreads Description:

Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.







 


My Thoughts:  AMAZING.

It is a rare thing, to find a sequel that is better than the first book. With my disappointment in Across the Universe, I was hesitant to continue reading the series. But I read A Million Suns in 4 HOURS, STRAIGHT. The book was incredible. INCREDIBLE

Every single thing that bugged me in Across the Universe was resolved in the sequel. The chapters continue to alternate between Amy and Elder's minds and that was, once again, done superbly. OH and their relationship! Thank you Ms. Revis! They actually touched on the fact that the only reason they were attracted to each other was because they were the only two teens on the ship. Amy was hesitant about her feelings towards Elder, because of that fact. But then when she finally realizes there may be some actual true feelings for him... BOOM! I loved their relationship in this book! It was sweet, it was timid and it was everything that had been missing in Across the Universe. Elder is so in love with Amy and apologizes for everything that he thinks might upset her, which is super cute. He really grew in this book, as he is now technically Eldest, the leader of the ship. Without the Phydus controlling everyone, he has to learn how to keep the ship from rebelling. He is so young and disrespected by so many on the ship and I really loved the way he learned through his mistakes. This book has made a spot for Elder on my list of Swoon Worthy Guys. ;)

There was also another mystery in the plot, that involved Orion leaving clues for Amy. Once again, I am so impressed by how much this book improved the series. It was a complete surprise to me at the ending about who was tampering with the clues! I didn't see it coming, at all. Wow. Just.... Wow. The murders, the clues, the riots. Fantastic. There was a huge secret that was discovered and I am so excited to see where that takes the characters in the next book. I can't wait for Shades of Earth... January 10th, COME QUICKLY!

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to continue with this trilogy. I can't believe I almost didn't. Now, I'm going to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, because where I live, it won't last long!

 Talk to you soon!
-Kristy

9 comments:

  1. I loved this book to! I was a massive fan of Across the Universe, but this book is so much better. And I agree that Amy and Elders relationship was so well crafted in this story.
    Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like your blog style! Another Insurgent fan!, This is a very great blog, I am extremely impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely reassuring. I didn't like Across the Universe so I haven't been excited to read the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely read this one! Hopefully you'll like it more than the first!

      Delete
  4. Now I can't wait to read this one! Thank you for the review! :)
    Btw I must add I like the colors on your blog! :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Much better than the first one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your review! I just finished reading Across the Universe and A Million Suns (I got to read them back to back :D ) and I loved, loved, loved them both! I can't wait to read the third in.....2013?

    Marlene Detierro (SEO Dallas)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this series so much it is impossible to pick a favorite out of Across the Universe, A Million Suns, and Shades of Earth. This book is the perfect combination of mystery, sci-fi, and romance. The series made me really think about the things we take for granted everyday here on Earth. I highly recommend this series.
    Austin SEO Don Allen information

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...